Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Today

... was an interesting day. Just in general. I caught up with an old friend, reached out to a new friend via a current friend, and found out I'll have to say goodbye to someone who's become a friend over the last year.

Intrigued? Read on ....


As I was cleaning out my hotmail that I had been neglecting for a few days (me? neglect mail?), I came across one from
  • Classmates
  • that said I had new mail. I opened it up and there was a message from someone I went to elementary school with! We had got together a couple of years ago, and had lost touch since then, but have been emailing furiously back and forth to make up for lost time. Her family took my sister and I in when my Mom had to have surgery away back when. We had no one else to stay with, and since we all went to school together, it made sense. She lives in Calgary and works for one of the Oil companies down there, I'm not sure which one. Hopefully we can arrange to get together soon .. I have some holidays coming up and since the kids will be in school and Andy at work - it's the perfect time to go.

    My new friend is someone I've met before, at Carrie's wedding. Her name is Amy. Carrie sent out a questionaire a few days ago via email, and when I filled out mine I emailed it to whom she sent hers. I got a reply from Amy asking "is this the Tracy from Depot? If not, who the heck are you ??" So I emailed back to say yes it was me, and she could email me back anytime. I was going to send her some
  • Ptarmigan
  • recipes, but she said she had been sent a couple already. Apparently they like to fly into the side of your vehicle and lay on the road dead. One of the responses to Amy's questionaire asked if anyone had any good recipes for that and for
  • Caribou
  • so hopefully she finds one she can use. She's "Up North" in the "Frozen Tundra" so we'll have to email her lots of stuff to keep her occupied.

    The friend I have to say goodbye to? Rob - our HR Manager at work. Over the last year he has been a listening post, advice dispenser, "is this really what you want to do" guy, lot attendant, how-come-no-one-saved-any-cake-for-me? guy, all over the district guy, and someone who I felt totally comfortable with just walking into his office unannounced and flopping in a chair. He's been promoted to District HRM for all of Ontario, Manitoba and Saskatchewan ! He's originally from the center of the universe also known as the Greater Toronto Area, and will be working out of the Store Support Center there. WAhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh !

    I mean that in a good way though. Change is inevitable. The more you resist, the worse it gets. So that was my day at work. I wonder what will happen tomorrow ....

    2 comments:

    missmarble said...

    News like Rob leaving makes it really hard for me to want to come back...here's hoping that they manage to find someone as approachable and easy going...no boy's clubbing please!

    Call me when you are on vacation, Lily likes to go out!

    Auntie Tracy said...

    Deal ! Things are changing alot .. Mike leaving, now Rob, makes me wonder where we'll be a year from now.