Friday, November 10, 2006

My Five Bucks

This is the funniest post I will ever write ... Trust me !!

Ok, so the story goes like this: Gary in hardware (yes Carrie, Grumpy-Old-Gary ...), comes to me in the lunchroom one day, and asked me to sign a T&A for him. (A T&A is Home Depot speak for Time and Attendance .. if you forget to punch in or out, or have training you need to fill one in to get paid, and it needs to be signed by a manager.)

I told him I had no problem signing it .... for Five Bucks. He laughed and said put it on my tab, I'll pay you later. I'm not worried I know where he works. (He knew I was kidding ... or so I thought).

So yesterday he comes to work, with this Cat-ate-the-Canary look on his face, and he was carrying a box. He hands me a little card, and says read this before you look in the box. The card looked like this:




And inside reads:
Tracy,

A while ago I asked you to sign a T&A for me. You stuck out your hand and said "five bucks!". Well here they are! Of course they are the short Italian ones. Watch out for "Ruldolpho" (the one with the red nose). He tends to get into the "Christmas Cheer" (Chianti) a bit to much for his own good!

Gary S.

And this was what was in the box:







My Five "Bucks" !! He made my day -- I laughed so hard, and I showed them to everyone! Just goes to show you can't judge a book by its cover. He made them all himself, and totally surprised me -- I can't wait to fill them up with Christmas Candy and leave them all over the house.

6 comments:

missmarble said...

Tee hee... I think he is softening in his old age...

Glad to hear your mom is ok - how are YOU doing. Libras forget about themselves when everyone else need us...

Coffee? Need to smell the Lily?

Call me!

missmarble said...

ps - please excuse the atrocious grammar in my previous comment...mommy brain...

Auntie Tracy said...

Yes. and YES! I have to talk to you about your flooring order too ... or your potential flooring order ...

missmarble said...

Yes - we are still wanting flooring...

What days are you working? I'm busy Wed during the day, and Thursday night...

Call or email me.

Anonymous said...

I used to have a durogatory name/reference for the T&A Forms. I was also very tempted to announce the "how to lay ceramic tile" seminar as "How to get laid on ceramic tile" just to see if anyone would notice.

Auntie Tracy said...

I think I know what those duragatory words are ... I've used them too ... Remind me to tell you my linoleum joke the next time I see you !!