Sunday, April 29, 2007

PROMOTED !!

I have a new job ....

Actually I don't. I have the title and pay of the job I have been doing for a while .. LOL. I am now officially an Assistant Store Manager !! YAY !!

I went in to Jim's office a few days ago, and came right to the point: "You have an ASM position open, and I want it." Quote unquote. He didn't even bat an eye, but pulled out a chair and said "Let's talk about it."

And here we are 2 weeks later, and the job is done. Jim told me he couldn't think of anyone he wanted to take over from Brad more, and because there was another RMA coming up (Regional Manager Assesment for all of you non-Depot people), he got my name on the list and off I went. I had a very nice chat with Peter V. who is our Acting District Manager, on the 21st, and he said he would make his decision by the 27th, or sooner. It was actually sooner. I had the good news the following Monday.

I went into Jim's office and jokingly asked him if he had heard anything yet, and he motioned me in and closed the door, and said that while it wasn't official yet, I had passed my interview and they were going to offer me the job. I just about fell off my chair! The offer came through from head office on Friday, and I had it signed off and back on Saturday.

So now its official - I am an ASM now. And as I write this, I am now looking for a Flooring DS ... and a Kitchens DS, and associates .. and ...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

CONGRATS!!!! It's about damn time. Although you do know what this means....Wanda is really going to hassle you for slurpees and trips to Swiss Chalet.

missmarble said...

It's about bloody time. Congratulations honey! You deserved this a long time ago, and deserve it even more now. Lily sends baby kisses.

Auntie Tracy said...

Thank you! I've been wanting this forever ... well you both know how long ! I'll look forward to the phone calls: "...it's your turn to bring slurpees ..." :-)

Anonymous said...

Oh, I can't wait to call and play "angry customer"....