Friday, October 31, 2008

Cool Costumes

I have to say there are some pretty creative kids out there. We saw a lot of cool costumes tonight - it occurs to me now I should have taken some pics to post. D'oh !

I saw the requisite number of Scream monsters, ghoulish masks and princesses, but I also some some really creative things: there was the kid that came to the door dressed in black with purple balloons from neck to knees (a bunch of grapes), there was a very cool Sponge Bob, (that looked almost like the real thing !), and a very realistic looking Hulk (complete with a mask that shed green light around the eyes).

Lots of big kids in the neighborhood too. One kid was dressed as an extremely realistic pimp, complete with purple satin suit and leopard fedora. There was a very cute Buzz Lightyear, a Stormtrooper and of course Darth Vader too. The kids went out early with their friends and finally came home around 9.

Andy had his fog machine going, we tarped off the living room and hallway upstairs so the fog would stay contained in one spot, and had a black light in the hallway with a strobe light in behind - when the kids knocked on the door he would hit the button for the fog. Dressed in black with a white face, and coming through the fog to open the door and hand out candy really freaked everyone out. It was pretty cool, and loads of fun ! Our little graveyard in the garden was a hit too ... I can't wait to do this again next year ! I will edit this post and add pics when I can find the cord to upload my camera .. :-)

No comments: