Thursday, March 25, 2010

Spring has sprung ! Or has it ... ?

Well the first day of spring has come and gone. We've had more snow in the last few days than in the last 6 weeks or so. Something is wrong in the universe I think.

On the work front, i'm right in the middle of spring hire. I have 4 depts to hire for this year, something I'm not used to. Cash, Lot, Services and phone sales. Total people needed to hire - 25. Plus I'm replacing a cashier that's on maternity leave, and a person that's going back to seasonal for the summer. Oh and 1 that's retiring and needs some time off.

The good news? I've managed to hire most of these .. I think I only need 2 lot guys, 1 phone sales and maybe 2 more cashiers. Woooooooot! The people I have hired I forsee being very strong cashiers - which means they will transition into departments and I'll get to start all over again. LOL.

On the home front, we're getting ready for Graduation. Lisa will be finished grade 12 this year. It's gone too quickly ! She is getting ready for her first trip anywhere without family. Her band class has organized a trip to Cuba for Spring Break. I wish I was going .. ! I know she will have the time of her life, and it will be a good experience for her, but man it's going to be quiet around here without her! Dad is taking a week off to stay home with Anthony, and maybe I can come up with some stuff to keep them busy and off the computers. They took the iniative the other day and cleaned out the flower bed out front, and even raked the yard ! Now I just have to figure out what I want to plant out there. I'd like some bulbs that will come up every year, but can't figure out what I want. Typical.

Ah well .. all in a days work. I have to admit, it hasn't been a bad year. So far. :-)

No comments: