Wednesday, August 22, 2007

The best steak marinade recipe EVER !

While picking up some groceries last week, I purchased a package of the best looking steak ever. Sirloin tip steaks, in a family pack, on sale! Roughly 8 cuts for just under $9. They looked like they had just been cut and wrapped, so I picked them up.

When I got home I figured I would marinade them and then pop them on the barbeque for dinner, and I found the best marinade recipe in a cookbook that I've had forever. I don't know why I never looked for a marinade recipe before, but this one caught my eye. And I happened to have all of the ingredients in my kitchen. Serendipity I tell you !

This is the recipe:

Soy Marinade
1/2 tsp ginger 1 green onion, chopped
1 garlic clove, minced 3/4 cup oil (I used virgin olive oil)
1/4 cup soy sauce 3 tbsp honey or sugar (I used honey)
2 tbsp vinegar or lemon juice (I used lemon juice)

Combine all ingredients in a small bowl and mix well. It makes roughly 1 1/3 cups.
I put the steaks in to the container and popped them in the fridge for the afternoon. Every so often, go and flip the container over to coat the steaks really well. They take no time at all to grill (depending on the size of the pieces) and they were sooooooo tender, I could cut the meat with my FORK!

This with some twice baked potatoes, and broccolini (blanched so it was still firm), was dinner. Yummy !

3 comments:

sleeplessnights04 said...

Where in the world did you find broccolini? I've been looking for it for sometime; it sounds like a great alternative to the latter. Cross between broccoli and asparagus right? I've seen it used on so many cooking shows lately and it looks great. Thanks for the recipe....I've got a great hamburger recipe that I made up a week or so ago, I'll post it for ya, maybe you'll love it or maybe you won't :o)

Auntie Tracy said...

I got the broccolini at Costco of all places. A huge bag for around $5 ( I don't remember exactly!) I would LOVE the hamburger recipe .. I'm always on the lookout for things like this :-)

One Mountain At A Time said...

Guess what? I just used your recipe last night... except I cut up my steak into strips and marinated them... and used it as a base for stir fry! Yum Yum Yum!